The followig are major contaminant fluid groups and test fluids used for MIL-STD-810G, Method 504-1, Procedure I
- Kerosene – Aviation turbine fuel JP-8 (NATO F-34), Commercial fuel, Jet A-1 and others as indicated by test requirements.
- Diesel – DLI, DL-2, others as indicated in ASTM D975
- Gasoline (Piston Engine) – ASTM D910, Aviation Gasoline ASTM D4814, Automotive spark ignition engine (commercial and MOGAS) and others as indicated by test requirements.
- Mineral Oil / Petroleum based (Aviation hydraulic fluids) – NATO H-520/NATO H-515; US QPL-5606-31(2), and others as indicated by test requirements.
- Phosphate ester based (synthetic) – US: MIL-PRF-46170D(FRH) NATO: H-544
- Silicone based, damping fluid – Dimethyl or other container polysiloxane (NATO S-1714)
- Mineral Based – NATO 0-1176 (OMD 80); NATO Stock #4210 99 224 8369
- Internal Compustion Engine – MIL-PRF-2104H, 15W40 (NATO 0-1236)
- Ester Based (Synthetic) – As indicated by test requirements.
Solvents & cleaning fluids
- Propan-2-ol (isopropyl alcohol)
- Denatured alcohol
- Cleaning compound for aircraft surfaces as indicated by test requirements
- Trans-1-2 Dichloroethylene (Replacement for 1,1,1-Trichloroetane)
Deicing & antifreeze fluids
Deicers-Aircraft: Ethylene or propylene glycol mixtures; US antifreeze: AA-52624A (NATO S-750), and others as indicated by test requirements.
Potassium-acetate based solution (ie,cryotech E-36 or other as indicated by test requirements).
Insecticides (ie, Malathion or pyrethrin) as indicated by test requirements
Disinfectant (Heavy duty phenolics)
Clear, soluble phenolics, e.g., phenol or its derivatives dissolved in a surfactant and diluted with water to give a clear solution; Parachlorometaxylenol (ie., EcoTru-1453. Aircraft Disinfectant or others as indicated by test requirements).
Coolant dielectric fluid
Polyalphaolefin (PAO) dielectric
Aqueous Film Forming Foam (AFFF) and others as indicated by test requirements.